BHE’s goals are: To be a centre of printmaking excellence, providing expert assistance to artists who wish to collaborate in the making of etchings, silkscreen prints, relief prints and collagraphs. To jointly seek sponsorship for and to initiate printmaking projects with artists, art centres and galleries. To provide a comprehensive service from consultation with artists, arts advisors or gallery staff through plate-making, proofing and editioning with the artist to the publication and marketing of the prints. To work with a selected number of artists each year, ensuring individual attention and prompt production.
If your proposal fits with any of the above, give us a call! Editioning your prints need not be expensive. We can travel to you, or you can come to Alice Springs or Braidwood and work in the beautiful new facilities at BHE. Inexpensive accommodation can be arranged nearby. What are you waiting for? Several hundred artists over the last 29 years have enjoyed working with Basil and his printers in a professional environment where your needs come first.
BHE has the following equipment:
- 2 x Hilton Tooling motorised presses (bed size 1.7 x 1.0m) – one press in Alice Springs; one in Braidwood, NSW
- 1 x Littlejohn etching press (24″ bed width) (Currently on loan to Megalo Access Arts in Canberra)
- 1 x antique lithographic press for smaller stones (located in Braidwood)
- 2 x Rollaco presses (owned as part of a consortium) – located on Skopelos, Greece, for workshops each year
- 1 x silkscreen vacuum table and exposure facilities for screens (located in Alice Springs).
- 1 x photo plate exposure unit in Braidwood
- Light box, aquatint room, fume cupboard and drying racks.
Visiting artists may use the studios by arrangement and have access to etching and aquatint facilities and the presses at a negotiated rate. A printer can also be available at an hourly or daily rate to assist, by appointment.